I have a Linux system only, how to give exam. I'm about to register for cloud digital leader. Help

Please anyone tell me can I give a exam on my Linux system, And Please suggest any material like crash course for Cloud Digital Leader.

Solved Solved
1 13 1,967
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I would like to tell you that currently Sentinel only runs on Windows or MAC devices. For better understanding refer the Link .

System Requirements for OLP Exams
  Windows Mac
Hardware Minimum 50MB available space Minimum 50MB available space
Screen Resolution 1024 x 768 or greater 1024 x 768 or greater
Webcam and Mic Internal or external usb Internal or external usb
Internet Access Recommended minimum of 1.0 Mbps upload / 1.0 Mbps download) Ping must be below 200ms Recommended minimum of 1.0 Mbps upload / 1.0 Mbps download) Ping must be below 200ms
Operating System Windows 8.1 or 10

(Touch screens require the use of a mouse and keyboard)
OS X
  • 10.13 High Sierra
  • 10.14 Mojave
  • 10.15 Catalina
  • 11.1 Big Sur
Browser The latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox The latest version of Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox
Additional Considerations Local Administrator Rights

You must disable all software that can interfere with your online proctored exam. This includes, but is not limited to, pop-up blockers, antivirus software, firewalls, VMWare/Bootcamp, Skype, Photobooth and TeamViewer.

In Windows 10 systems, you can disable active applications in the Task Manager > Startup tab. Right-click the item and select Disable from the local menu.
Local Administrator Rights

You must disable all software that can interfere with your online proctored exam. This includes, but is not limited to, pop-up blockers, antivirus software, firewalls, VMWare/Bootcamp, Skype, Photobooth and TeamViewer.
Chromebooks are not supported at this time.

View solution in original post

Having Sentinel run on other operating systems, such as Linux or Chromebook, is on Kryterion's roadmap and we hope to have it expanded soon.

You can contact the Kryterion support with the below link.

https://kryterion.force.com/support/s/?language=en_US

I know it's very tough to arrange any other machine but only option I feel is if you can arrange another machine or go for an onsite exam. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

I would like to tell you that currently Sentinel only runs on Windows or MAC devices. For better understanding refer the Link .

System Requirements for OLP Exams
  Windows Mac
Hardware Minimum 50MB available space Minimum 50MB available space
Screen Resolution 1024 x 768 or greater 1024 x 768 or greater
Webcam and Mic Internal or external usb Internal or external usb
Internet Access Recommended minimum of 1.0 Mbps upload / 1.0 Mbps download) Ping must be below 200ms Recommended minimum of 1.0 Mbps upload / 1.0 Mbps download) Ping must be below 200ms
Operating System Windows 8.1 or 10

(Touch screens require the use of a mouse and keyboard)
OS X
  • 10.13 High Sierra
  • 10.14 Mojave
  • 10.15 Catalina
  • 11.1 Big Sur
Browser The latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox The latest version of Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox
Additional Considerations Local Administrator Rights

In Windows 10 systems, you can disable active applications in the Task Manager > Startup tab. Right-click the item and select Disable from the local menu.
Local Administrator Rights

Chromebooks are not supported at this time.

What! I can't give exam on my Machine, I don't have any other machine, What should I do?

There is no any offline centre near me, This is seriously a dumb idea, to support mac but not Linux.

Having Sentinel run on other operating systems, such as Linux or Chromebook, is on Kryterion's roadmap and we hope to have it expanded soon.

You can contact the Kryterion support with the below link.

https://kryterion.force.com/support/s/?language=en_US

I know it's very tough to arrange any other machine but only option I feel is if you can arrange another machine or go for an onsite exam. 

In the world of Cloud/Devops where evrythng is first made On and For Linux
You guys says we cloud & devops guys who actually work on Ubuntu/Linux entire day need a Window or Mac to give exam ..lol

This cant get worse and disrespectful

Hello,

I have only Linux/Ubuntu. Why should i use buy a windows licence to just pass a google exam ?

regards,

Can we not use Wine or Crossover?

These guys says we cloud & devops guys who actually work on Ubuntu/Linux entire day need a Window or Mac to give exam ..lol

You guys says we cloud & devops guys who actually work on Ubuntu/Linux entire day need a Window or Mac to give exam ..lol

The strictly requirement of windows is absurd and it's a long pending issue, with clear no intention to fix.

Hey, I'm new here, but I'll try to help you out. So, as long as your system meets the minimum requirements, you should be good to go. Just make sure to check the exam details before registering. As for study materials, there are a ton of resources out there! You could try a crash course like Linux Academy or Udemy. They have plenty of courses on cloud computing and should help you prepare for the exam. Just be sure to check the reviews before purchasing. Oh, and one more thing - have you heard about centos 7 end of life? It's a big deal in the Linux community. CentOS 7 will no longer receive updates after June 30, 2024. So, if you're using CentOS 7, you might want to consider upgrading soon.

Hello,

I'm new with GCP. i used ubuntu since 2007 and i discover today taht Google dont allow using LInux for passing the exam. This is unrespectful. 

Hi skonsoft,

Can you please reach out to criterion support with this issue directly:

https://kryterion.my.site.com/support/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

See the below screen shot, please note that you have two options:

a) You can email them

b) You can also have live chat with them.

Kriterion Support.png

Thank You very Much.

Faithfully Yours,

Tamzid

2 years later and still no solution, clearly they don't seem to care. sad.

Top Labels in this Space