Google Cloud Monitoring to ServiceNow Integration for Incident Creation

Hello All,

How can we integrate Google Cloud Monitoring with Servicenow. 
Usecase is we need to create a Incident in Servicenow on the alert triggered in Google Cloud Monitoring (Alerting). Also Incident should gets closed once the alert gets closed in GCO.

I have tested it via webhook however its creating the event/alert in Servicenow , we need Incident creation not the alert/event.

1 7 165
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @atishkul  ,Welcome on Google Cloud Community.

I don't think so that you will be able to do it via UI. What you could do is to either push incidents via Pub/Sub, with proper json output and then try to connect with ServiceNow, or make a Cloud Function, which will process incidents via Stackdriver API, push those incidents as alert or incident type to Pub/Sub and Pub/Sub will push via webhook processed data to ServiceNow. By default, GCP will send event instead of alert/incident.

--
cheers,
DamianS
LinkedIn medium.com Cloudskillsboost

@DamianS : Thank for the quick response. Is there any documentation available for the solution you have provided. Need to understand the solution step by step.

Pub/Sub
https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/support/notification-options

Function
https://cloud.google.com/functions/docs/calling/pubsub

Regarding code, there are a lot of info and helpers about Python code or Golang code. This solution have been designed in my head as proposal, because you basically must:

1. Create alerts via metrics
2. Push those alerts to Pub/Sub
3. Process data ( json format AFAIR ) via cloud functions or someting
4. Push processed data again to Pub/Sub
5. Push alert from Pub/Sub to ServiceNow. 

If SNOW is able to receive JSON format data, you will be able to process such data via functions and Pub/Sub, but if SNOW is not able to process data in that format, i guess that it wouldn't be possible to send incidents. 

--
cheers,
DamianS
LinkedIn medium.com Cloudskillsboost

@DamianS : Thanks , then it seems that there is no any out of box or direct solution for this. 

Indeed 🙂

@DamianS : Thank you for your response.
Allow me to reframe my question.

1. I have already got the webhook integration for GCO to ServiceNow. This creates ticket type "Alert", however I am looking for the ticket type "incident".

2. NewRelic has webhook  integration to ServiceNow which creates incidents.

Has anybody used the same webhook in GCO for creating incidents that Newrelic uses.

I believe that in default, Alert is created because this is default settings for SNOW. I had the same case with PagerDuty. PD in default sends alerts, however I wanted to utilize Event as message type, so I had to run Python code for that and I believe in your case , approach should be the same. Would be good also to ask SNOW support if this is possible or not.