Issue with Cloud Build Concurrent Deployment Limits

Hello Google Developer Forums Community,

I'm encountering an issue with Cloud Build that I hope someone can assist me with. I have two projects set up for staging and production environments respectively. Both are in europe-west1 region. 
In my configuration, "Regional Concurrent builds per region" quota is set to unlimited. 

DeveloperMojoty_1-1711659357622.png

However, I've noticed that while I can indeed run up to 10 concurrent deployments in the production environment, I'm restricted to only 1 concurrent deployment in the staging environment. This limitation is causing delays in our testing and development workflows.

Here's a staging deployment chart that shows 1 concurrent builds only.

DeveloperMojoty_2-1711659436437.png

On the other hand, the chart below indicates that I can go up to 10 concurrent builds

DeveloperMojoty_3-1711659582641.png

I've double-checked my configurations and permissions, but I can't seem to find the source of this restriction specific to the staging environment. Could someone please advise on how to address this issue and enable the expected more concurrent deployments in the staging environment?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0 2 120
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @DeveloperMojoty,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

It's odd that your production environment can run up to 10 concurrent builds, while your staging deployment chart indicates a limit of only 1 concurrent build.

As I don't have visibility into your project, it would be best to seek further assistance from Google Cloud Support.

Meanwhile, you might want to check for any specific triggers or conditions set within your staging environment that could be restricting the number of concurrent builds. It's possible that the trigger configuration is limiting staging to only 1 concurrent build.

Additionally, you can report this as a bug. For more details, refer to the Issue Tracking System and Product Feature Requests.

Juliadeanne, thank you for your answer. Could you elaborate, how could I restrict the number of concurrent builds with trigger configuration? I am checking, but I don't see any settings would cause a similar outcome