Code Review in GCP Source Repository

Can anyone suggest if we can add code review workflow and marge restriction in Google Source Repository?

Currently we are using Jetbrain Space for that and once code is developed and Marge to master branch we are pushing latest changes to Source Repository. But we are concerned with security of this kind of workflow. If GCP have any such concept then we would like to use that instead.

Another solution is to provision a VM and self-host using Jetbrain Space on-prem but that is currently in beta and extra spending of money.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 3 1,271
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @anowar,

One possibility would be to have your cloud repository connected to a GitHub or BitBucket repository which you could use for code reviews instead. From Connecting a Hosted Repository:

You can connect a Cloud Source Repository to a Git repository hosted on GitHub or Bitbucket. When you push changes to the hosted repository, the changes are automatically synchronized with the Cloud Source Repository.

You may file a feature request regarding your question. You can track the progress of the issue using the link I have provided. Please keep in mind that the feature request has to be analyzed and considered by the product team and I can't provide you an ETA for it.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @anowar,

One possibility would be to have your cloud repository connected to a GitHub or BitBucket repository which you could use for code reviews instead. From Connecting a Hosted Repository:

You can connect a Cloud Source Repository to a Git repository hosted on GitHub or Bitbucket. When you push changes to the hosted repository, the changes are automatically synchronized with the Cloud Source Repository.

You may file a feature request regarding your question. You can track the progress of the issue using the link I have provided. Please keep in mind that the feature request has to be analyzed and considered by the product team and I can't provide you an ETA for it.

Thanks.

Thanks for your guidance. We will raise a feature request and keep current workflow.

We will make sure we don't put sensitive information in the repository like API key or service account files.

We don't want to integrate third party services like GitHub or BigBucket as we feel if those are compromised then GCP Source Repository will be compromised as well.

We will keep current workflow till source repository natively supports code review.

Hi Is the above functionality of code review is added for the repository?