Cloud Builds sporadically fail with error "Internal Error" (status = INTERNAL_ERROR)

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 9.57.04 AM.png

No other errors are in available, and the build does not even start a log. Sifting through logs explorer with no filter also doesn't yield a smoking gun. 

Retrying the build normally fixes it, although it can happen 2-3 times subsequently.

Any ideas of how to investigate this issue? Or common causes of this phenomenon?

Couple interesting things about the build:

- It's a GitHub repo which hosts the code and cloudbuild.yaml

- It is run in a private pool. The private pool's network is peered with a private GKE cluster network via VPN tunnel, as the build does some K8 deployment.

1 4 135
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @pwolfe,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Please check this documentation on https://cloud.google.com/build/docs/automating-builds/github/build-repos-from-github as you may have missed some steps or configuration. Also, the guide provides different steps for 1st and 2nd gen, so please follow the steps carefully.

If the steps didn't work, you may file a bug so that our engineers could take a look at this. We don't have a specific ETA but you can keep track of its progress once the ticket has been created.

Hope this helps.

The repository configuration is fine, the issue is sporadic (30% of the time it fails) which isn't really congruent with incorrect github configuration. I've have an open support case with google #50154986 which we're investigating further.

I have the same problem since this morning. Cloud Build does not complete any of my GitHub repositories

This is not the same problem. My issue happens sporadically 30% of the time and is not likely related to a GitHub connection issue. I will post the solution here when I find it, but I doubt it will help you.