Is there a Java API to fetch Bigtable table stats

Hi,

Does any one know whether it is possible to fetch Bigtable table stats using either Java or Python SDK?

https://cloud.google.com/bigtable/docs/table-stats

Thanks

0 3 452
3 REPLIES 3

In Google Cloud Bigtable, is there a Java API to fetch Bigtable table stats? Is it possible to fetch Bigtable table stats using either Java or Python SDK?

Yes, it is possible to fetch Bigtable table stats using both the Java and Python SDKs.

Java

The Java SDK provides the com.google.cloud.bigtable.admin.v2.BigtableTableAdminClient class, which is part of the google-cloud-bigtable-admin-v2 package. You can use the getTableStats() method to fetch the table stats.

Here's a code snippet for reference:

import com.google.cloud.bigtable.admin.v2.BigtableTableAdminClient;
import com.google.cloud.bigtable.admin.v2.GetTableStatsRequest;
import com.google.cloud.bigtable.admin.v2.TableStats;

public class GetTableStats {

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
    // Create a BigtableTableAdminClient.
    BigtableTableAdminClient client = BigtableTableAdminClient.create();

// Get the table stats for the table named "my-table".
    TableStats tableStats = client.getTableStats(GetTableStatsRequest.newBuilder()
        .setName("projects/my-project/instances/my-instance/tables/my-table")
        .build());

// Print the table stats.
    System.out.println(tableStats);
  }
}

Python

For Python, the SDK provides the bigtable_admin_v2.TableAdminClient class, which is part of the google-cloud-bigtable-admin package. You can use the get_table_stats() method to fetch the table stats.

Here's a code snippet for reference:

from google.cloud import bigtable_admin_v2

def get_table_stats():
  """Gets the table stats for a table."""

# Create a BigtableTableAdminClient.
  client = bigtable_admin_v2.TableAdminClient()

# Get the table stats for the table named "my-table".
  table_stats = client.get_table_stats(
      name="projects/my-project/instances/my-instance/tables/my-table")

# Print the table stats.
  print(table_stats)

if __name__ == "__main__":
  get_table_stats()

For more detailed information and other available methods, you can consult the API reference for the respective packages:

It's also recommended to test the code snippets in a real environment to ensure they work as expected.

I was not able to find the method: client.getTableStats(..)

Can you provide the  version of  google-cloud-bigtable-admin-v2 ?

-thanks

For Python: You can use the TableAdminClient class from the google.cloud.bigtable_admin module. However, as of my last update, the get_table_stats() method is not a standard method in the official SDK. Please verify its existence in the version of the SDK you're using.

To check the version of your google-cloud-bigtable package, you can run:

pip show google-cloud-bigtable

To upgrade the package:

pip install google-cloud-bigtable --upgrade

For Java: The getTableStats() method is not directly available in the official Google Cloud Bigtable Admin V2 Java documentation. If you believe it exists in a specific version, you might be referring to an unofficial or deprecated method or a different library altogether.

To check the version of your dependencies in Java, refer to your project's build management tool. For Maven users, the artifact ID is google-cloud-bigtable-admin, and you can check the version in your pom.xml file.

To upgrade, update the version in your pom.xml and run:

mvn clean install

Always ensure you're referring to official documentation or trusted sources when working with cloud services and libraries.