Setting Up Daily Notifications for Managers with Tasks Due Today

Hello AppSheet Community,

I'm currently working on an enhancement for our task management app and need some guidance on setting up notifications. Hereโ€™s the scenario:

We have a table named "Tasks" which includes task details and their respective managers. I want to set up a system where managers receive a single daily notification if they have any tasks whose deadlines are due that day.

Goal: I aim to send a single consolidated notification to each manager every morning at 9 AM, listing all their tasks due that day, rather than all notifications for each manager.

Challenges:

• How to ensure that the report aggregates tasks by manager effectively and sends notification per manager their own tasks?

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on optimizing this setup or if there are any best practices I should follow to improve the functionality and efficiency of these notifications.

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 8 121
8 REPLIES 8

Hello, the most common and basic thing is to create a scheduled email sending bot to be activated at a specific time and to set a condition for it to only send pending tasks. If you need something more advanced, you can also send it via WhatsApp, for example. Regards

Hello Eschiantarelli,

Thanks for the suggestion. While a scheduled email bot is a good start, it doesn't fully address my need for consolidating tasks by manager into a single notification.

The goal is to ensure each manager gets one daily email listing all their tasks due that day, avoiding multiple emails. If anyone has tips on how to group tasks by manager and send a single notification, I'd appreciate the help.

What I would do is create a BOT that generates a PDF detailing all the pending tasks for each user and schedule it to send that summary file at a specific time each day.

Good. But in this case, I have to send to staff notifications which will reminder their unfinished works list.

I would trigger an AppsScript that would consolidate all tasks that runs on a forloop for each manager and creates a new sheet with the relevant info. Then You have a Bot that gathers the info from the generated sheet  and sends a single notification AT 9AM to each manager with their list of tasks for the day.

This is good idea but, new tasks are added daily with its deadlines, and each manager has their specific tasks which if those tasksโ€™s deadline is today then they should be sent as notification to the managers. Is there way to do this?

Yes there is. As i said above. Here is how the cycle would work.

1. Bot gets triggered at 9am everyday. This bot will run an AppsScript.

2. The AppsScript will gather alll your managers current Tasks from any sheet or sheets you may have them in.  The Same AppsScript will then generate a new sheet with the agregated data. For example: each record on the created sheet will have a  TASK , DUE DATE,  and which MANAGER it belongs to. After this  same bot will trigger the next bot.

3.Another bot gets triggered that will perfom a "foreachrow" on the newly created sheet with the tasks, action will be to send a notification to each manager with their corresponding tasks.

And thats it. The next day the bot is triggered again and wil update the data and send a new notification.

Good, now I fully understand it and will try to do this process. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space