how to recreate apigee edge collections in apigee X using cloud monitoring groups

hi,

Is it possible to utilize Cloud Monitoring groups to group together a set of apigee X proxies? This is to recreate apigee edge proxy collections in apigee X. 

As per criterion description in the documentation, display name is used to specify the resource (in this case apigee X Proxy) to be included in the group.
   Name: (Default) Group membership is determined by the display name of the resource.

The issue is that the created group does not include the supposed proxy and shows "No resources match your selection criteria."

steps done:
a. Via cloud console, create group with criterion type Name, operator Contains, value my_proxy.
Group preview: "No resources match your selection criteria."

b. Via API using postman
curl --location 'https://monitoring.googleapis.com/v3/projects/my-org/groups' --header 'Content-Type: application/json' --header 'Authorization: Bearer ${TOKEN'} --data '{
"displayName": "my_group",
"filter": "resource.labels.proxy_name = \"my_proxy\"",
"isCluster": false,
"parentName": ""
}'

Group preview: "No resources match your selection criteria."

c. Alternatively, checked group members using API via postman, wherein the response is an empty list (meaning no resources in the group).

0 1 111
1 REPLY 1

Hello, 

The reason you are receiving the message 'No resources match your selection criteria' is that Apigee-X proxies are not yet part of Cloud Monitoring groups.

The Apigee Product Engineering team is working on implementing this feature, and it will be available soon.