VS Code Apigee Plugin doesnt generate proxyname.xml file?

VAP
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Hi,

I'm using the VSCode plugin to develop Apigee Proxies. When I add a new proxy on VSCode, I get the following file\folder structure.

|-apiproxy/ |-proxies |-policies |-targets

But when I export a proxy bundle from Apigee UI, I get a zip with the following file\folder structure (please notice the proxyname.xml)

|-apiproxy/
proxyname.xml |-proxies |-resources |-policies |-targets

Why isn't the proxyname.xml file created with the VSCode Plugin? The reason I'm asking is because I'm using apigee-deploy-maven-plugin to automate deployment to our test env, and since this xml doesn't exist, the plugin fails (namely on the configure-bundle task)

Regards,

V

Solved Solved
0 2 165
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VAP
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Hi @strebel  thank you for the suggestion. I reached the maven plugin team on github, presented the problem, and they fixed it (version 2.3.1), being now able to deploy the new Archive format to Apigee X. I just leave here the feedback it might be helpful for others.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @VAP the VSCode plugin creates proxies in the new Archive format. The archive format does not use the root proxy manifest XML. 

As a workaround I can recommend you to use Apigee Sackmesser which acts as a wrapper around the Maven Plugin and is able to generate the root XML.

It'll look something like this:

sackmesser deploy --googleapi -d ./src/main/apigee/proxies/myproxy -o $APIGEE_ORG -e $APIGEE_ENV -t $GCP_TOKEN -b '/my-proxy/v1'

VAP
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Hi @strebel  thank you for the suggestion. I reached the maven plugin team on github, presented the problem, and they fixed it (version 2.3.1), being now able to deploy the new Archive format to Apigee X. I just leave here the feedback it might be helpful for others.