Syncing in the cloud?

I'm so lost I don't know where to start. 

I'm an end user of Thunderbird and want to sync my address books among different computers.  I've downloaded a few aps, one requires the next, and so on.  Then I need a client ID and a secret ID and I haven't a f*****g clue what is going on.

Can someone point me toward something that a non-IT, non-computer person can grasp?

Thanks

IgnorantinMN

0 1 64
1 REPLY 1

Sorry you're having trouble. 

Unfortunately, no, you won't get much help here. While the discussions here often refer to client id and client secret, none of those discussions have anything to do with Thunderbird synchronization.  I suggest you connect with someone who's got the knack for computers, maybe some IT person in a group you belong to.... to get some guidance. 

Implementing the thing you want is not terribly tricky, but it requires some background and depth, and if you're feeling frustrated, it's probably because it's not easy for someone outside the space to understand it all.  It would be like trying to extend the hot water pipes in your house out to a new hot-tub.  It's not complicated, and you could do it yourself if you commit to spending the time to figuring out all the details and options yourself. But it's probably best done by a plumber who's done this kind of thing before.