Set custom attributes via dev portal based on API product

I would like to know whether we can set custom attributes fields of the application based on what API product's the developer choose to subscribe with from drupal developer portal ?

API Product A > set x,y,z fields
API Product B > set a,b,c fields

Also is there a way for developer to upload their public certificates key to store as KVM from drupal dev portal?, as I am using it for my API authorization, especially for callbacks endpoints

0 7 256
7 REPLIES 7

It's all possible but all requires customization.

But you might not need that.  In case it helps, keep in mind that the custom attributes on the API Product can be read from an API proxy, after validation of credentials (API Key or OAuth token).  This would eliminate the need for you to dynamically introduce different sets of custom attributes to the application, depending on whether Product A or Product B is selected.  

If that is somehow not sufficient, Additionally, you could (securely) expose an API proxy for storing values in the KVM to your consumer/s.

Interested for this one

Additionally, you could (securely) expose an API proxy for storing values in the KVM to your consumer/s.

Do you have some demonstration how to get this done?

You can build an API proxy that uses a policy for interacting with the KVM, there's an example API proxy here as a general administrative KVM API.. You would then need to update it to include security, and write to the KVM appropriately for your use case.

Do you have any example of how "custom attributes on the API Product can be read from an API proxy, after validation of credentials (API Key or OAuth token)." can be done please

Sure, I recorded this screencast to show how this would work in Apigee X.

Also, I had an older, similar recording which relied on the older UI.  Access it here.

Thanks for this , this is awesome

One more question: What if I want to dynamically or allow my users interface to set custom attributes to developer apps based on what API product they choose.

Can you explain the use case? What are you solving for?  Dynamically allowing users (I guess these users are the consuming developers - the people signing up to get credentials in the portal) to set custom attributes - what does that get you?  The custom attribute  is useful at runtime in the API Proxy, only if the API Proxy implementation knows to retrieve the custom attribute and do something with it. 

Maybe I am misunderstanding. Can you explain in more detail what you're thinking?