JSONThreatProtection policy - causes error -- need help

JSON payload getting truncated and causing the below error when I enable JSONThreatProtection - tried with multiple setting and just kept the JSONThreatProtection  with no properties set  not sure what is causing this error, any help is apricated.  

Its json object with 1000 items, is there any limitation or payload size restriction, the same flow works as soon as i remove JSONThreatProtection policy

Error message i get
    "title""java.io.IOException: Expecting \" at line 511",
    "detail""java.io.IOException: Expecting \" at line 511",
    "status"500,
0 3 88
3 REPLIES 3

I would suspect the json payload isn't valid. Have you looked at lines 510-512 of your payload?

Yes.. its getting truncated. the payload json has fields array with 1000 items however when I printed using javascript using below code, its incomplete json within apigee flow

var getPayload = context.getVariable('request.content');
print('req ' + getPayload);

ok well if it is truncated there.... it seems likely that the JSONThreatProtection policy is seeing the  truncated version. You've got to figure out how to get the actual full JSON through the proxy.  Something is truncating it. find that thing and stop the truncation, then the JSONThreatProtection policy should work just fine.  I cannot imagine what thing inside an API proxy might truncate the payload. Can you verify it at various steps along the way in the proxy flow?  Is the full payload available at the start of the proxy execution?  If not, then perhaps the client is not sending the full payload.

You said it's 1000 items. How many bytes?  How large is this payload?

I think the error message you showed there is kinda lame. It should be more informative. But in any case, it is clear enough to "insiders".