I want to expose APIs(different combination of APIs) using smartdocs to different clients. Is it possible to reuse the smart doc?

Not applicable

Is it possible to reuse the single smart doc(created for an API) for different clients?

Solved Solved
0 3 65
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @Suresh Mishra for clarification.

Yes, You can resuse APIs in single model by creating custom roles in developer portal & provide access to certain apis using content access module as explained here.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if any.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Suresh Mishra ,

I feel above question is not very clear what you are trying to achieve. Please add more details.

• What do you mean different clients ? APIs are independent of clients. You can consume an API using any client. My understanding is http client.
  • What do you mean by client ?
  • What do you mean by different combination of APIs ? Are you creating an API with mashup of other APIs ?

You mean different users in developer portal ? If yes, You can do that by creating custom roles in developer portal & provide access to certain apis using content access module as explained here .

Dear Sagar, What i mean here is, i have 4 APIs (say API1, API2, API3, API4)created. I have 4 clients who are going to access my APIs through smart docs. First client will access (API1, API2), client-2 will access (API1, API3), cleint-3 will access(API2, API4), clien-4 will access (API1,API2, API3, API4).

Now in this case i have to create 4 models with different combinations. I was thinking, if there is any way to reuse the smart docs under models.

Thank you @Suresh Mishra for clarification.

Yes, You can resuse APIs in single model by creating custom roles in developer portal & provide access to certain apis using content access module as explained here.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if any.