Dev Portal Clustering

We want to setup 2 node cluster environment with remote MYSQL server.

Node 1 Dev Portal

Node 2 Dev Portal

Node 3 MySQL.

How to setup LB between 2 Dev Portal and what are the configurations to take care on portal servers?

Please share a document/steps involved.

-Vinay

0 2 340
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

@vinay poreddy I can't address specific configuration of load balancer configuration, but I can give you some hints on how to configure your web servers (nodes 1 and 2 in your example).

You will want to configure your public and private files directories to be shared between the web servers, either using GlusterFS (generally the preferred solution) or NFS, or perhaps some other network filesystem. You can determine/configure which directories are public/private by visiting ConfigurationMediaFile system in your Drupal install (logged in as an administrator). By default these would be sites/default/files and sites/default/private, respectively. These need to be shared so that assets uploaded by users or generated on-the-fly by PHP are available on either node.

In settings.php on each web server you should configure Drupal to point to the single MySQL instance.

Can you point me to documentation where we can refer to setup clustering? Where can we find all the information you provided? -Vinay