Change the default length of API Key and Secret auto-generated under Apigee X Apps

bg9
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Question related to Apigee X:

Is it possible to change the default length of API Key and Secret auto-generated under Apps?

Thank you

2 7 116
7 REPLIES 7

I dont know. Why do you want to do this? What problem are you trying to solve? 

Hello @dchiesa1 

Any idea on these properties under Management Servers' default.properties

conf_keymanagement_keylength=32
conf_keymanagement_secretlength=16

These are UNDOCUMENTED PROPERTIES

@bg9  Do *NOT* modify any undocumented token without first contacting Apigee Edge Support to ensure that you do not cause any unforeseen side effects.

https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.52.00/how-configure-edge#editable-component-configuration-f...

I am talking about Apigee X not Edge!

Yes those apply to Edge, are not documented. And possibly not supported.  Exercise due care when using them.

And, the question here was about Apigee X, so those properties do not apply.

We have a client where the API key length limits they have is around 20 whereas I see that Apigee's APPS API Key is using 32 characters! 

I think that  Shortening the length of _generated_ keys is probably not  possible, with Apigee X.  You can contact Apigee support to inquire, to confirm.  but I think it's probably not possible. 

You can IMPORT your own keys (google search), and when you do that you can specify the key , and it is not subject to a length requirement.  It is subject only to a uniqueness requirement. 

bg9
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

read it as: "........ 32 length string"