Apigee X - Subscription (how apigee X delete organization works in subscription)

Hello,

I have added apigee organization in subscription using terraform modules. but we had destroyed the org using terraform. When I tried to create an organization with new display name we are facing 409 "Error: Error creating Organization: googleapi: Error 409: org orgname already associated with another project". We had set up retention period default while provisioning the org and which has soft delete period for 7 days. Do I need to wait 7 days to create an organization with different name?  Does anyone know if the 7 days soft delete period includes non business days as well? Is there any way to resolve this error?
is there any restriction on deleting and creating a new organization in apigee x subscription under the same project?

Thanks in advance!

Holy.

Solved Solved
0 2 515
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do I need to wait 7 days to create an organization with a different name?

Apigee Organization name should match the GCP project name. You can create an organization with a different name in a different GCP project without waiting for 7 days. Default delete retention period is 7 days. It can be changed while making a delete organization call to a minimum of 24 hours.

Doc: https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/reference/apis/apigee/rest/v1/organizations/delete#deletionrete...

Does anyone know if the 7 days soft delete period includes non business days as well?

Yes, it includes non business days.

Is there any restriction on deleting and creating a new organization in Apigee x subscription under the same project?

No, there is not, but the org name should match the gcp project name. For recreating the organization, you will need to wait for the retention period.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Do I need to wait 7 days to create an organization with a different name?

Apigee Organization name should match the GCP project name. You can create an organization with a different name in a different GCP project without waiting for 7 days. Default delete retention period is 7 days. It can be changed while making a delete organization call to a minimum of 24 hours.

Doc: https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/reference/apis/apigee/rest/v1/organizations/delete#deletionrete...

Does anyone know if the 7 days soft delete period includes non business days as well?

Yes, it includes non business days.

Is there any restriction on deleting and creating a new organization in Apigee x subscription under the same project?

No, there is not, but the org name should match the gcp project name. For recreating the organization, you will need to wait for the retention period.

I have deleted my apigee PAYG org using terraform, i tried to change the retention period to minimum, but iam getting permission denied error message. i have apigee org administrator role though.,
{
"error": {
"code": 403,
"message": "Permission denied on resource \"organizations/project-id\" (or it may not exist)",
"status": "PERMISSION_DENIED"
}
}