Apigee Local Implementation - Bad Request Issue

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on implementing Apigee locally, and I'm facing an issue with a bad request error. Here's a snippet of the configuration:

<LoadBalancer>
<Server name="test"/>
</LoadBalancer>
<Path>/api/xxx/xxx</Path>
</HTTPTargetConnection>

targetserver.json:

{
"enabled": true,
"name": "test",
"description": "test",
"host": "test",
"port": 443,
"protocol": "HTTPS",
"sSLInfo": {
"enabled": "true"
}
}

While the above configuration returns a bad request error, the following configuration works fine:<HTTPTargetConnection>
<URL>https://corporate.xxx.com/api/xxx/xxx</URL>
</HTTPTargetConnection>

I've tried troubleshooting the issue, but haven't been successful so far. Any insights or suggestions on what might be causing the bad request error with the first configuration would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

ahmadtamimi86_0-1714335582180.png

Solved Solved
1 4 152
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I cannot say.  If I were doing this I would look in the system.log of the management server to see if I can decipher any exception messages that refer to SSLHandshakeError or similar.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The host value in your targetserver configuration is "test"?  Should it not be "corporate.xxx.com" or whatever - some FQDN? 

hi @dchiesa1 

yes, consider host value corporate.xxx.com

Any insights or suggestions on what might be causing the bad request error with the first configuration ?

I cannot say.  If I were doing this I would look in the system.log of the management server to see if I can decipher any exception messages that refer to SSLHandshakeError or similar.

Absolutely @dchiesa1 ,  Upon reviewing the logs, it became apparent that the issue stems from port 443 usage. Therefore, my next step is to configure and enable this port within Docker to ensure seamless operation. Thank you for pointing this out!