Organization storage full … Your organization exceeded its 60 GB of Google Workspace storage.

Hi, I run my own business and have two accounts I use with it - one specific to me and one as a general info@. I've used Google drive for a number of years without any issues but this past week I've had a number of notifications saying that I've exceeded my pooled storage.

I have a 2TB G-drive subscription.

My total usage  is 915.45GB of which 540.09 is drive, 17.67GB is mail and 357.69GB is photo.

Logged in I get the following error message.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 08.06.58.png

Going round and round in circles on the google pages trying to understand this as my understanding is that I'm paying for 2TB of storage so not sure why its referring to pooled storage.

However when I go to look at my 2TB it's described as 'Inactive' despite my subscription being live and continuous.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 08.29.00.png

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 08.27.22.png

Can anyone please help me?

0 3 126
3 REPLIES 3

@rguerunner I am 99% sure you have some artifacts from when Google canceled the ability to buy additional storage for Workspace some years back.  I think it then ended last Summer at the latest.  See this re: Adding Storage - https://support.google.com/a/answer/12284220?hl=en HTH, KAM

Hi Kam, thanks for replying. So what I think you're describing is a situation where I'm currently paying a subscription on a legacy unsupported cloud solution and the new solution which has been rolled out now charges data on a 'pooled storage' basis. So rather than paying $14.99 for the 2TB per month that I'm currently paying, Google want me to pay $300 for 10TB per month for pooled storage.
That seems remarkable egregious. Presumably I have no choice but to migrate to another service as clearly there are plenty of much cheaper options for a single user.
Or is there's a different Google service that is not 'pooled storage' which I can use instead?

@rguerunner You can also look to increase the storage via a SKU for Workspace with a higher storage limit.  From what you have described, you can jump to Business standard for 2x$6US per month and get 4TB of pooled storage.  See https://workspace.google.com/pricing.html -KAM

Top Solution Authors