Problem in Deployment of Android App with Firebase Auth

I have developed my first Android App using FirebaseAuth for authentication. Everything is working when I run the app using AVD, but when I try to deploy, the login UI fails silently (I cannot intercept any errors).

Here the complete picture:

• In Play Console, the App is in draft status for internal tests. If I try to raise the status for  publication, it's refused with this issue: App Stability (I guess it's related to the failed login, which is in the splash screen - hence you can't use the app)
  • If I install the App using Play Store, the login fails as said above
  • In Firebase Console, the App is in Production state, but when I try to upload the AAB for distribution, it fails because the app is not compliant. If I upload the APK, the upload succeeds, but the apk is invalid and installation is not possible. Firebase Console, however, complains that the App is linked to the Play Console App which is drafted when it should be in production
  • In Cloud Console, the OAuth configuration is enabled and verified
  • The App is correctly configured with SHA-1 fingerprint shared with OAuth and Firebase (otherwise I guess it would not work in AVD)

Hence, I am stuck. Any ideas or tips for a correct deployment?

Solved Solved
1 1 180
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Issue solved: in Firebase Console, I needed to add my website domain in Authentication > Settings > Authorized Domains. Weird, because I am only using Google Sign-in method. But needed, anyway.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Issue solved: in Firebase Console, I needed to add my website domain in Authentication > Settings > Authorized Domains. Weird, because I am only using Google Sign-in method. But needed, anyway.